So you just bought a brand new MacBook, and you’re certainly excited to use it. Problem is, you’re a beginner in the world of MacBooks, and you’re not quite sure how to make the most out of them. Don’t worry, though. This article will provide you with ways to maximize your new laptop. Without further ado, here are five pro tips for making your MacBook experience hassle-free.
- Share instantly.
The Share icon is a button that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up and sticking out of it, and it’s found on the upper right hand corner of the MacBook screen.
It keeps track of whom you share stuff to and how often you do it. You can see this information by clicking on the icon and scrolling down to the bottom of the Share menu where you can see Recents.
- Screenshots are not a problem.
The MacBook allows you to get a screenshot in two ways, namely:
Capture your entire screen:
- Press Shift-Command(⌘)-3.
- You can find the screenshot saved as a .png file on your desktop.
Capture only a selected part of your screen:
- Press Shift-Command(⌘)-4, after which your mouse pointer becomes a crosshair.
- Position the crosshair to the where you want the screenshot to start, then drag it over your desired area. If you want to change the direction of the selection, you can hold Shift, Option, or the Space bar while dragging the crosshair.
- Once you’ve selected your desired area for the screenshot, release the mouse button or trackpad button.
- You can also find the file saved on your desktop with a .png extension.
- Do lightning-quick searches with Spotlight.
Spotlight has a magnifying glass icon that you can find on the upper right-hand corner of your menu bar. With this highly versatile tool, not only can you search the web, you can also search for any document, image, and app on your system. You can do other amazing things like look for the nearest Apple store or check movie listings.
- Record your iPhone’s screen and audio.
Plug your iPhone into your MacBook using your lighting cable, and then follow these steps.
- Launch Quicktime Player.
- Click on File.
- Select New Movie Recording.
- Click on the arrow to the right of the record button. Your iPhone will appear as an option.
- For audio, change the microphone to your phone.
It’s very easy to do, and it works on the iPad as well.
- Time Machine is a valuable function.
For a lot of users, there is nothing worse than losing data that wasn’t backed up. This is why you need to make sure that you learn your MacBook’s Time Machine (built-in backup) feature immediately.
Connect an external hard drive and do the following:
- Click Use as Backup Disk once you are asked by your Mac if you want to use the external hard drive as a backup disk.
- Open Time Machine Preferences from the menu.
- Click Select Backup Disk
- Choose your external hard drive from the options
- Click Use Disk
It may take a while for your backup to be completed, but you’ll never worry about losing valuable data ever again.
For more advanced Time Machine setup tips, you can read this article: How to partition an external hard drive for Mac's Time Machine.
Once you familiarize yourself with these basics, you’ll be able to master all of the MacBook’s other helpful features in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Turn on your MacBook right now and try out all these tips.
Hi, we are team Baseqi, thank you for reading our blog! We are a technology startup founded by a team of passionate designers and Apple fanatics. Our goal is to design unique and high-quality accessories at cutting edge prices for all Apple lovers.
Please take a moment to look at our latest invention. Do you need more storage space on your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro? Insert a Baseqi's Ninja Stealth Drive and add up to 400GB+ to your MacBook instantly.
Over 100,00 pieces of Ninja Stealth Drive has been sold worldwide. It is a unique invention and loved by tens and thousands of MacBook users. It is a great and simple way to upgrade your MacBook's storage space. Click on the link below to learn more!